Registration for this event is now closed. We will not be able to accept any further registrations.
Invitation to our Erasmus partners
We are happy to announce that Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen will once again organise a comprehensive one-week study programme for non-teaching staff colleagues in the framework of the Erasmus exchange possibilities for non-teaching staff. The programme is scheduled from 19 – 23 March 2012 and will start in the course of the morning on Monday and will end after lunch-time on Friday.
Last year, we were pleased to welcome 21 colleagues from 20 different Erasmus partner institutions and 11 different countries! Based on our own experience and the comments of our guests, we believe that we can say that the week was a great success.
In 2012, we hope to equal this success, but this time with a programme that will address various aspects of student counselling in higher education (institutions). The programme focuses on student counselling in the broadest sense of the word and therefore does not only or specifically deal with counselling of international students. The programme targets colleagues who work e.g. as student counsellors, academic support advisors, personal development tutors, etc. for both national and international students.
Topics which will be addressed include:
- Student counselling at Hanze UAS: survey of the educational system in the Netherlands and its consequences for student counselling in higher education institutions (e.g. ‘negative binding study advice’ )
- Organisational structure of student counselling at the Hanze UAS: tutors/academic advisors at departmental level and student counsellors at institutional level
- Work of student counsellors at Hanze UAS: topics, themes and solutions
- Short Workshops on variety of themes: support and facilities for students with a handicap – role of student psychologist – students in excellence and honours programmes – international students: practical matters and service – support courses/training for students not directly related to their study programme
- Use of social media in the communication with students
- Visits to departments with English-taught programmes: meeting colleagues and students
In order to get a fruitful exchange of experience and good practices, participants will be invited to give brief presentations of their work at their own institution. We are looking forward to give you an insight into all aspects student counselling at our institution and to exchange information and views. Of course, we will make sure that there is also some time to discover the city of Groningen and to socialize with your colleagues.
We want to invite a maximum of 25 colleagues, preferably one person per partner institution, so that we get an interesting mix. Participants are expected to finance their own travel, accommodation and other expenses through the Erasmus programme. There are no participation fees.
The application deadline is 16 January 2012. We will notify all applicants before 26 January 2012 whether they have been selected to participate in the programme.