Twice a year, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen (Hanze UAS), organizes a Welcoming Day for all new international students.
- The next Welcoming Day will take place on 30 August 2013.
On this day our newly arrived students will be officially introduced to Hanze UAS and get their first real taste of Dutch culture. The programme includes:
- welcoming speeches by the mayor of Groningen and the board of directors of Hanze UAS;
- an information market;
- an introduction into Dutch culture;
- and sessions on important practical issues that you need to take care of.
In the afternoon, non-EU students can receive their residence permit and can register as a citizen of Groningen on location. For your registration, you need to complete the following form and you need to bring the following documents:
- your passport or ID
- your rental agreement
- your residence permit (non-EU/EEA nationals)
- your legalized birth certificate
- your legalized marriage certificate (if applicable)
Of course our new students will also get the chance to meet their new fellow international students while we present lots of interesting topics in various settings.
Attending this day is free of charge, but please register here.
Get an impression of a Welcoming Day
Our previous Welcoming Day, on 31 August 2012, welcomed more than 600 new international students. The students are from a wide range of countries: Argentina, Belgium, Brasil, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, Morocco, South Korea, Spain, and the United States.
For an impression, take a look at the pictures on our Facebook-page.
You can also watch the following video about the last Welcoming Day and hear what the international students say about it: