The Polifonia Project started in 2004 and studied various subjects related to professional music training in Europe. In 2011 a third 3-year project cycle for the period from 2011-2014 was approved by the European Commission. This cycle is jointly co-ordinated by the Koninklijk Conservatorium Den Haag and the European Association of Conservatoires (AEC) and involves 55 organisations in professional music training and the music profession in 26 European countries and 4 countries outside Europe.
Lector LLMA Rineke Smilde is chairing the working group on mobility (5).
The project has 5 developmental working groups which will tackle the following subjects:
1. Curriculum Reform: assessment and standards
2. Curriculum Reform: artistic research in Higher Music Education
3. Governance: accreditation and benchmarking
4. Lifelong Learning: educating for entrepreneurship
5. Mobility: recognition, monitoring and joint degrees