Advanced Sensor Applications (ASA)
The Advanced Sensor Applications (ASA) Bachelor Course is aimed at talented students who can become innovation leaders in the field of sensor technology. Important areas for engineers specialising in sensor technology include:
- Healthcare (medical, elderly and home care).
- Infrastructure (roads, water, public transport and aviation).
- Energy (power companies and alternative sources of energy).
- Agriculture (farming, horticulture and livestock).
- Consumer products (household and leisure products).
- Production companies (oil, gas, process and manufacturing industries).
- Scientific research.
A graduate in Advance Sensor Applications can:
- Implement new sensors and develop existing systems, whilst guaranteeing continuity and safety.
- Maintain and manage a large sensor network, with increasing diversity of sensors and data traffic.
- Create a research programme, which can advise big companies about sensor application in consumer products.
- Develop an (embedded) software product on a given hardware platform, specifying the operation of sub-systems.
- Develop a sensor platform to implement innovative sensors in a social context.
- Deploy new scientific developments to create smarter sensor applications.
On this page you will find all details regarding introcamp for new students, the booklist 2013-2014 and the schedule for the first quarter of 2013-2014.