Advanced Sensor Applications (ASA)
The Advanced Sensor Applications (ASA) Bachelor Programme is aimed at talented students who want to become innovation leaders in the field of sensor technology. Sensors affect and benefit the lives of billions worldwide. Therefore, the programme focuses on the application of sensor systems in key social areas:
- Healthcare (medical, elderly and home care).
- Infrastructure (roads, water, public transport and aviation).
- Energy (power companies).
- Agriculture (farming and livestock).
- Consumer products (household and leisure products).
- Production companies (such as oil and gas industries).
- Scientific research.
A graduate in Advanced Sensor Applications can:
- Implement new sensors and develop systems.
- Maintain and manage a large sensor network, with increasing diversity of sensors and data traffic.
- Create a research programme, which can advise companies about sensor applications in consumer products.
- Develop an (embedded) software product on a hardware platform, specifying the operation of sub-systems.
- Develop a sensor platform to implement innovative sensors in a social context.
- Use new scientific developments to create smarter sensor applications.
The Keuzegids HBO Voltijd 2013 awarded our Advanced Sensor Applications honours bachelor 'Top Rated Programme'. This means it belongs amongst the best study programmes in the Netherlands. The Keuzegids rewards the best universities of applied sciences and hbo bachelor programmes with a special quality stamp. Whenever you see this quality stamp in a brochure or a website, you know that the programme is at a very high quality level. More info via the Keuzegids website.