International students can apply for the International Business and Management Studies (IBMS) programme via the International Student Office (ISO). This office can also provide you with more information about practical issues such as entry visa requirements, insurance and housing.
students not requiring a visa: 15 August
students requiring a visa: 1 June
Deadlines to apply for the IBMS Bachelor programme (academic year 1 September - 31 August)
Application deadlines for the September intake are:
Application deadline for February intake are:
students not requiring a visa: 15 January
students requiring a visa: 1 November
Admission requirements for international students applying to the IBMS bachelor programme (and Dutch nationality students applying with a non-Dutch diploma):
International students need one of the following secondary school diplomas or other equivalent secondary qualifications such as an International Baccalaureat Diploma:
- Germany: Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife (Abitur) or Fachhochschulreife (only with proof of both "schulischer und berufsbezogener Teil")
- UK: General Certificate of Secondary Education 4 GCSE (met een A,B of C) and 2 GCE A/S levels
- Bulgaria: Diploma za Zavarsheno Sredno Obrazovanie (DZSO) or Diploma za Sredno Spetsialno Obrazovanie
- China: Diploma Senior Middle School (gaozhong)
- France: Baccalauréat Général or Baccalauréat Technologique or Baccalauréat Professionnel
- United States: High School Diploma with an academic level approved by Nuffic
- Spain: Título de Bachiller
Please note: If there is more than one year between graduating from secondary school and applying to IBS, please add your curriculum vitae or explain what you did in the time between graduation and applying to our school.
When applying for the first year of the four-year BA programme IBMS, all international applicants need to prove a sufficient level of English.
Students will be exempted from submitting an extra language proficiency test in the following cases:
- EU/EER students, who can prove that English was a compulsory course in their prior education, and who have a pass for English on their final transcript.
- Students whose prior education was English-taught in countries where English is spoken as a first language by the majority of the population. These countries are: Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Canada (English speaking part), Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Christopher and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America.
- Students with an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate.
All other international applicants are required to prove a sufficient level of English by submitting the original results from an IELTS or TOEFL (English) test that is not older than two years. Therefore, one of the following is required:
- IELTS score: minimum of 6.0 (original results) with no sub-score below 5.5. (Students with a score of IELTS 5.5, with no sub-score below 5.0 will be referred to the Preparatory course). For details go to: www.ielts.org
- Internet-based TOEFL score: minimum of 80 points (original results) with no sub-score below 17. For details go to: www.toefl.org
Note: Students of the IBS Preparatory (Prep) Course can enter the IBMS programme directly once they have successfully completed this Prep Course offered by IBS.
IBS reserves the right to ascertain the truth and correctness of an applicant’s IELTS or TOEFL score by examination. This examination is held in form of a personal, standardised interview, conducted by specially trained IBS staff members and/or representatives, which tests the applicant’s English skills regarding listening, speaking, and writing.
In addition, you should have studied subjects like Mathematics and Economics and have basic computer skills.
We reserve the right to check the authenticity of all documents submitted in support of applications, both in the Netherlands and abroad.