Are you curious and open-minded? Do you have an investigative attitude towards studying? Do you want to learn to play even better? Are you searching for your professional role in society? Do you want to make a contribution to the further development of your field? Are you a graduate of a Conservatoire or do you play at an equivalent level? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, the Master of Music Program at the Prince Claus Conservatoire is for you!
The master of Music offers four unique studyroutes: Classical Music, New York Jazz, Conducting and 'New Audiences and Innovative Practice' (NAIP).
The Master of Music at the Prince Claus Conservatoire especially focused on the individual opportunities of the student as a professional in society. Therefore a high level of artisanal musicianship is required as well as a concept of a personal professional future. The musical world is rapidly changing and requires enterprising, reflecting, excelling musicians. The Prince Claus Conservatoire helps students to best prepare for his/her future; for this reason the Professional Integration Project (PIP) has a central position in the Master course, with much freedom for individual interest and opportunities.
The flexible parts of the course, for instance the international dimension, research & innovation and entrepreneurship, will contribute to the personal profile.
It is essential that the candidate Master student at admission has a concept about his/her professional future and the related final project. This may take any form as long as it is directly connected to the intended professional practice. In distinguishing the Master student from the Bachelor student we call this a ´deliberate choice of professional prospect´.
The Prince Claus Conservatoire is a relatively small institute that makes the best of her advantages: small scale, flexibility, international network, the Research Group and interaction with the professional field. The Master of Music in Groningen is open to all students who make a conscious choice for this unique concept.
Eight reasons to choose for the Master of Music at the Prince Claus Conservatoire
- The degree is developed around the demonstrated needs of the profession.
- After your study you will be able to create a market for your music.
- You maintain control over your study and you determine your own path.
- You will have an exchange period of several months at a renowned foreign institution.
- You will receive lessons from internationally renowned teachers.
- You will study in an international environment at a small scale institution in the most vibrant student city in the Netherlands.
- You will study at an institution which is internationally recognised as being innovative and progressive, one that is judged by students, alumni, and work field professionals to be the best Conservatoire in the Netherlands for four years in a row