As a bass clarinet major student, you will be trained to become a versatile soloist, ensemble or orchestral musician of the highest level with your own artistic personality. Furthermore, all clarinet students at the Prince Claus Conservatoire can study bass clarinet as a secondary subject and are thus prepared to play both orchestral and ensemble parts.
In addition to the main subject lessons, the following will be covered during the study:
- Orchestral and chamber music projects
- Giving concerts inside and outside the conservatory
- Masterclasses by guest teachers who specialise in various genres.
- Woodwind group lessons by teachers from the Prince Claus Conservatoire with varying themes such as attitude, stage presentation, program composition, etc.
- Working with well-known and young composers
- Contemporary clarinet playing, basset horn, double bass clarinet
Repertoire entrance requirements
How satisfied are you with the information on this page?