Application and enrolment

  • General
Student achter laptop in Forum 2022.jpg

If you wish to enrol at Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen, you can do so on the Studielink website. You will need to log in using a DigiD code. If you live outside the Netherlands and do not have a DigiD, you can log in with a username and password. Watch the video guides and read the information below on how to apply from within and outside the EU.

how to apply for EU students

Apply Hanze EU.jpg

How to apply for non-EU students

Apply Hanze outside EU.jpg

Application deadlines

Our academic year starts on the 1st of September and ends on the 31st of August. Application deadlines for September intake:

  • Students needing a visa and / or a residence permit (non-EU/EEA):  1 June (1 May for students from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Iran and Sri Lanka.)
  • Students not needing a visa/residence permit (EU/EEA):  15 August

Please note: the programmes with a decentral selection are subject to a different deadline. For this you must have met your enrolment conditions before 1 July. Immigration procedures also have earlier deadlines. Click here for more information about immigration deadlines.

Certain programmes have alternative application procedures and deadlines. You can find information about this on the programme websites.

You can check the status of your enrolment application on your personal page in Studielink.

Student ID card and proof of enrolment

Once you meet the enrolment requirements and have uploaded your passport photo, you will receive a proof of enrolment in Dutch and English, along with your student card.

Second enrolment

Enrolment during term time