Transferring from another university in the Netherlands

  • General
Informeel overleg in Forum 2022.jpg

Transferring from another university

Changing university.jpg

In order to keep your current residence permit valid, we will need to formally take you over from the university where you have been registered until now.

1. Upload the following documents via Hanze Apply

  • Your signed personal details form.
  • A copy of your passport: pages with your personal details and signature, and any pages that contain travel stamps (combine the pages into 1 PDF file).
  • Antecedents certificate.
  • A copy of the front- and backside of your current Dutch residence permit (combine the pages into 1 PDF file).
  • A copy of your current health insurance certificate. If you currently have a job, you should have a Dutch public health insurance; you can upload a copy of that policy. If you do not have a job, you will need a student insurance; please apply for an AON student insurance here: Request a new insurance | Aon Student Insurance. Upload a copy of the policy once you receive it from AON.
  • A bank statement from your Dutch bank account mentioning your name, the name and address of the bank as well as the amount of €12 000 (document can’t be older than 3 months before the start of your study programme).

Don’t forget to click on the submit button!

2. Start application

 We will start your immigration procedure when:

  • All your uploaded documents for immigration are correct
  • When you have received a letter of acceptance from the student administration

You will receive a confirmation e-mail after we have sent your application to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service).

3. Decision IND

It can take some time before we receive a decision from the IND. As soon as the IND has approved our application to formally take you over from your previous university, we will let you know by e-mail.

4. Residence permit document

You will keep your residence permit document. If your residence permit is expiring soon, you can ask us to start the extension procedure. This procedure can only be started when your residence permit will expire within 3 months.

Required documents