The research line conducts practice-oriented scientific research that contributes to an effective, useful innovative, sustainable and comprehensive approach to child abuse.
Within the broad theme of child abuse, the research line focuses in particular on:
- Making the dark sides of parenting a subject for discussion
- Breaking the taboo around child abuse
- Strengthening all parents in their parenting
- Strengthening vulnerable parents in their parenting (reducing risks, strengthen protective factors);
- Early detection and tailor-made options.
Strengthening the actions and attitude of the (prospective) professional
- Working with the reporting code
- Talk about (suspected) child abuse
- Working together and learning from each other
Use experiential expertise
Pay attention to the perspective of all parties involved (perpetrator/victim/bystander).
Use experiential knowledge in addition to scientific knowledge and practical knowledge.
How satisfied are you with the information on this page?